Did I do housework? No.
Did I do Betty Jo work? No.
Did I plonk down with a book for the whole time and do research. YES!!
I kind of miss finding out about stuff now my studying days are a distant memory. I loved the pre-internet era of my Uni days. Going to the library and getting a stack of books to peruse and queuing up at the photo copier!
There is no prizes for guessing the topic off my research. Yes, it was "Linoleum".
I recently purchased this excellent book by Jane Powell called "Linoleum" and I've concluded she is the go to person for all the info one needs on the topic. Jane Powell cannot stress enough...Vinyl is NOT Linoleum, or Congoleum, or Marmoleum ( all environmentally friendly products by the way!).
I am having a love affair with this atomic age print linoleum!
I am also busy working on some secret squirrel business that involves viewing some breath taking artwork by some contemporary Australian artists.And the magic material that links these artists is..you guessed it. Linoleum!
Go Bert...you are so on my wavelength.








0 comments:
Post a Comment