Tuesday, May 17, 2011

, ,

Nature Stripping!

The event that this crafty scavenger has been waiting for the whole year has been happening this week! The City of Moreland Hard Rubbish Collection. It is the time I go cruising off the beaten track to my studio and find *Stuff* on nature strips, curb sides and back alleys.I always make sure I have a purpose in mind for the junk I pick up, so as not to go overboard.
I was fairly restrained this year, but I did find some very vintage lino that is being worked into a few clocks,
a turquoise chair for visitors to my studio,
New Owl and Chair.

some cutlery drawers for an installation I am doing (sneak peek),Drawers of Colour

a cute painted stool and some woolly blankets ( all clean and dry in plastic ) for another project (or maybe for my four legged friends to snuggle in).

I think most of the junk in Moreland has been picked up by now. Which can only be a good thing for traffic flow through Brunswick as the stop /start cruisers like me now just keep moving!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment