Thursday, February 3, 2011

, ,

Update on the Crud

I've got it.

And that is about as scientific as they called it.

After a chest xray (to rule out pneumonia), and two invasive and not-so-comfy swabbings (to rule out influenza A, influenza B and strep throat) it appears that I have none of the above.

What I do have is a constant headache (even my hair hurts), body aches (and chills), a very scratchy and sore throat (can't.swallow), spiking temperatures (103 to 99 and back again) which means that I have an "unspecified viral infection"... or the Crud, as I call it. Basically I need to rest (not a problem, as it is taking all my energy to type this), drink (hard when you can't swallow) and quarantine myself from family (oh, and no working either until at least Monday, not good when a big deadline is this week).

Serves me right for commenting on Sunday that it was amazing that no one in my family had gotten sick. Jinx!

So I am off to play Nurse Erin. No need to leave a message. I won't be able to answer it anyway (and I am woefully behind on answering my comments from the past week... but I will!).

I hope that wherever you are you are healthy and happy and not too bogged down by snow and ice.

Enjoy the day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment