"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin
- Anais Nin
I have been waiting for this day to come, but could hardly believe that it could.
It all started innocently enough a bit more than 2 years ago. I thought that I would write because that is what I felt called to do. I would share experiences and projects, focus on finding inspiration and using your creativity to make the world a better place. I would try to challenge others as I would challenge myself with questions posed to stir the mind and words written to touch the soul.
I always vowed that even if no one came by to read, I would still write. I was doing this for me.
Interestingly enough, people did come to read what I had to say. And they stayed. That is a totally humbling and nerve-wracking experience. On the one hand, I cannot believe that what I have to say is something others would care about. And on the other hand, I am now trying hard to write what others might like to read. And comment on. And care about. But I still seek to retain my own sense of style and the fact that what I am writing I am actually feeling and living and puzzling out for myself. So it is as much about everyone else as it is about me.
Do you know that feeling of elation when someone new pops up on the radar of your blog? It makes me feel like Sally Field when she won her Oscar {"You like me! You really like me!"}. I can still remember giddiness over that first follower. And I cherish every new one that I get. I take time to look at each new name. I see their thumbnail snapshot and wonder where they are in the world. Sometimes I wonder how can we connect if their profile is in a language that I cannot read. If I can, I hop on over to their side of the street and visit their little world. Always, I say a little prayer for the person who just stopped by, to wish them well, to encourage them to make their presence felt with a comment. I know that it is not always possible, but I always hope that this follower might become a new friend who knows more and feels more and shares more. And at times I have been very blessed with this exact wish coming true.
I remember a time when I would pick up a new follower with each new post. That made me want to post more, without breaking the promise to myself to only post when I felt I had something to say, and not to post every day just for the sake of posting. That would be stale to me. And if it isn't fun for me, then it won't be fun to read.
Odd, but I found that when I didn't post, I would actually get a follower or two. So maybe posting less often is a good thing to give readers time to catch their breath from all the words that I sling at them ;-)
I really don't know how I got to this milestone. I am not sure where you are coming from, but I am so glad you are here. While I do write this mostly for myself, you have no idea how much I learn about myself and my place in this world through your comments. They are insightful. They are deep and lasting. They give me so much to think about. I try my best to respond, I know I have been slow of late, but I want you to know that each comment really does make a difference to me. And the depth of your comments tells me that you are really paying attention. That I am encouraging you to think and expand your world.That makes me happier than you know! Because it wouldn't be a conversation without everyone realizing that they have a unique voice and that they should use it.
So, thank you. From the bottom of my heart. And since most of my followers are fellow beaders, that makes it all the more sweet, to be surrounded by all the peers that make me so proud to be part of this community.
I want to give back to all of you. What better way to celebrate than to give something away?
![]() |
| [A treasure trove!} |
I have been planning and gathering this for some time. Included in this 501 giveaway:
- Jolee's Jewels hand tools: round nose pliers, chain nose pliers, bent nose pliers, specialty pliers, tweezers+scoop.
- Easy Ear Wire creator
- Jolee's Jewels components: crystallized components including connectors, links, sliders, earring posts, chain bracelet base, cross pendant, chain tassel set, apple
- Books: Amulets & Talismans, Robert Dancik; Simply Modern Jewelry, Danielle Fox; Create Jewelry: Pearl, Marlene Blessing & Jamie Hogsett; Creating Wire & Beaded Jewelry, Linda Jones; Beadazzled, Penelope Diamanti; Stringing Style 2, Jean Campbell (This is one of my first and favorite books ever...the one that I said to myself that someday I wanted to be in one of these!)
- Beads and components from my stash: Vintaj & Arte Metal; Lampwork: Cindy Gimbrone, Jamie Stvan, Pretty Babies from Sara Sally LeGrand, Julianna Cannon of Julsbeads; Ceramic: Lisa Peters Art, Mary Harding, Chinook, Round Rabbit, Earthenwood Studios, Elaine Ray, Gaea; Lilly Pilly shell pendants; Polymer clay: Humblebeads, Christine Damm, Pam Wynn, Lynn Davis; More Skye Jewels wood tiles; my very own pendants/charms, both mixed media resin and some of my new 'simple truths' polymer clay pendants.
Who knows? I might even be inclined to throw in a few mystery goodies as well!
But wait! I hear some of you out there saying...I am not a beader. I don't know what I would do with all that incredible stuff. Well, leave a comment as well. Because I feel inclined to share a piece of jewelry with those that follow me, no matter who you are. In fact, if you are the lucky random winner chosen on January 31st, then I will give you the option of which you would prefer... a box chock full o' swag, or a necklace designed by me featuring one of my new 'simple truths' pendants customized just for you.
| {Just a few of the pendants I have made in the past few weeks - what would yours say?} |
How do you win? It is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Be sure to leave your email (or better yet, turn on your email in your profile so I can respond to your comment directly!)
- Tell me which you would prefer... swag or jewelry.
- Leave whatever additional comment you would like to leave, such as:
- Tell me what made you become a follower.
- Tell me why you stay a follower.
- Share your favorite quote or word or your power mantra with me.
- Ask me a question that you are dying to know.
- Suggest a topic for me to write about.
- Or just say hello.
So, what are you waiting for? You don't have to jump through hoops, or stand on your head or tell another living soul. Just leave me a comment on this post so that I know you were here by January 31st for your chance to win {and yes, I would love to hear from you no matter where in the world you are because if you are prepared to follow me from across the globe, I am prepared to mail you this package, no matter the cost ;-}.
Thank you and you and you... for being my followers, whether you are number 1, 11, 281, 441, or 501. You are each special in my eyes.
Enjoy the day!







0 comments:
Post a Comment