Thursday, August 5, 2010

Inspired by...Fireworks...winner!

“You are born an artist or you are not. And you stay an artist, dear, even if your voice is less of a fireworks. The artist is always there.”
~Maria Callas


Sorry I am so lax in posting this. I got back from my trip to Houston late, late {or is it early, early} at 3:30 am on Wednesday. Still not quite recovered. But this artist is still here.

I realized today that I have yet to pick a winner for the Inspired by...Fireworks challenge for July. I didn't do a good job of publicizing this, but there were still three people who managed some inspiration.

The winner of the sparkly goodie package is Stefanies Sammelsurium. Rings are all the rage right now. Lorelei just did a great round up of rings. Nancy Schindler and Gaea Cannaday are making some awesome ones. Stefanie's ring with fabric and rivets and her very own glass bead is a winner in more ways than one! I know that Stefanie is from a land far, far away from me, but she is the winner nonetheless and I will be delighted to mail her package of crystal loveliness to her. Email me your address, Stefanie!


Check out her beautiful work at her blog .

I have been contemplating the continuation of the Inspired by... monthly challenges. I am for sure taking a break for August. Perhaps it is just timing, or maybe my expectations are just too high. I love the creative meanderings that I have seen entered, but I had hoped to inspire more. If you are one who has entered faithfully, I hope you don't feel slighted. Maybe I am the one that just needs a break.

So, I am asking for more feedback...totally voluntary, but will help me focus for the future.

Do you enjoy the Inspired by... challenges?

Would you like me to continue offering them? or is it just a distraction?

Are there themes that you would like to explore?

Do you like limiting it to just jewelry or would you like to see more diversity in items allowed?

There is no requirement to use art beads, just something I like to do. Would you like to see that option continued?

Have I inspired you in some other way?

Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Like everyone, I love comments and will try hard to respond, if you have your email turned on in your profile. You are the reason that I do this, so I want to be sure that I am hitting the mark.

Enjoy the day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment