Monday, July 19, 2010

Coming To My Senses::S'mores

I see... topaz tongues dancing, cracked logs teepee'd, enveloping shadows

I smell... melted chocolate, pungent smoke as it swirls about me in the wind shift and know that my hair will need to be washed


I hear... crackling logs, hissing steam, giggles of my kids

I taste... liquid pillows of sugary goodness, ,the crunchy char on a flaming puff, the melting chocolate ooze on a bed of grahams, and the smoke stinging the back of my throat


I touch... the crumbling crackers, the rough logs, the cold beer bottle quenching a flaming thirst

I feel... that summer is slipping through my fingers, the lingering kiss of my beloved making my whole face light up (not just the side facing the flames), there is a delight in simple pleasures.

What is coming to your senses today?

Enjoy the day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment