Saturday, June 19, 2010

, ,

New News! (as opposed to Old News)

The cute Peter Alexander hottie covers from last post seem to be all sold out. I'm not surprised.
A facebook friend who spied the thumbnail pic. thought they were brooches I'd made and this gave me an idea.
So I zipped into the studio and made an Owl Hottie brooch . It won't replace the real toasty thing, but maybe your cardi would like one! Thanks for the idea Peter A and Anna B.
The Snow Globe GIVEAWAY is still running. There have been some cute suggestions for critters to live in the winners globe. A grumpy wombat, a cute squirrel, a grey puss. You still have plenty of time to enter, so leave a comment, or even a poem like Sarah's.....
"Look at me, I've learnt to ski,
Past the bunny and round the tree.
Flying fast, sudden stumble,
Lose your balance and down you tumble! "
Here's a birdy Snow globe brooch. Birdy is sitting in silvery laminexy snow flakes!
And in other news, last week I was having a fossick at a favorite opshop and saw this lovely old box. When I asked to have a closer look , this is what I found inside. Some resourceful person had made little cardboard compartments for all these lovely buttons. It was so meant for me I almost did a little dance. (I was dancing on the inside though!)
As I was just about to leave with my lovely treasure, a massive storm rolled in stranding me in the opshop for another twenty minutes. The op-shop lady handed around sweets and I spent at least another $10. Can't think of a better outcome.
Box O' Buttons
P.S. I just remembered flea market finds over at Her Library Adventures. I reckon this Box o' Buttons fits the bill this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment