Monday, June 7, 2010

Coming To My Senses::All Star Game



I see....American flags waving in the breeze, white chalk on the tan dirt, my son rounding 2nd going for third.

I smell....Boomerburgers on the grill, a hot-off-the-press souvenir t-shirt, that this garbage can needs to be emptied.

I hear.... the dull thud of the ball hitting the mitt, cheers of the crowd, "Steeee-rike!"

I taste.... hot, fresh cheese curds, the satisfying crunch of peanut M&Ms, an ice-cold Diet Coke.

I touch....the hard aluminum bleachers, the shutter on my camera, the few spits of rain on my face.

I feel.... thrilled to be back among our 'tribe' at the ballpark, enjoying the most Americana day, watching my son and his friends strut their stuff as the best of the best in the league at the All Star Game.... grateful that Sport-o has been selected for another year of traveling with this team of great athletes and their awesome families!

What came to your senses this weekend?

Enjoy the day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment