Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Coming To My Senses

{Terrarium scene by LBrandt on Etsy. I am smitten! Check it out!}


I see....tiny purple blooms peeking out of the cracks in the sidewalk.

I smell....the sharp, earthy scent of freshly mown grass.

I hear....bickering of two tiny birds vying for the same perch.

I taste....warm saltiness on my upper lip.

I touch....the cool water flowing from the tap.

I feel....glad that the weather is so gloriously upper 70s and I had a chance to go for a long walk at lunch yesterday.

Senses are things that we learn about when we are so small. I can remember doing projects in kindergarten around the senese. And they are such an integral part of our daily lives that we don't stop to appreciate them. Yesterday I went for a walk with the particular goal of paying attention to what my five senses were telling me. By the simple act of paying attention I am opening my heart and mind to the inspiration that is all around me, with an added bonuses of being supremely grateful of all that is and a peace of mind that comes from truly being present.

I plan to do more of these "Coming To My Senses" posts.
Would you like to see them randomly appear or on a certain day?

I invite you to share your own observations.
What do you see...taste...smell...hear...touch...feel today?


Do tell!

Enjoy the day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment