
{Photo Credit: zeebree on Etsy - wouldn't these be the coolest to spell out a child's name, or party favors, or stocking stuffers?}
Welcome to the crayon box! What color are you?
One of my goals this year is to get over my fear of color. I tend to work in an earthy and dark palette. I love mixing coppers and steel grays. I have oodles of cranberry pearls and bronzite in every shape imaginable.
It is not that I can't design in color. I do. My clients demand it. The seasons dictate it. But when left to my own devices I tend to reach for the Burnt Sienna and Crimson and Midnight Blue instead of the Spring Green and Magenta and Dandelion.
So this year I have decided that I need to check my color baggage at the door and let the whole Crayola® box come spilling forth.
I actually have a lot of bright colored art beads in my stash. I buy them, then they sit there because I am perplexed as to where to take them. But I should just let them lead me and I will follow.
Colors evoke moods {like how sexy I used to feel in my candy apple red Fiero circa 1987} and feelings {like the emerald green envy I feel when I visit my sister's perfectly ordered and spotless home - of course, she doesn't have a full time job and a 9p-midnight passion} and states of mind {as in the tornado of gray that swirls around my head when I can't find something that I need RIGHT NOW!}. Colors transport you to a place {like the color of the Pacific at sunset on a cliff in San Francisco} and recall memories {like the vibrant red-white-blue plaid of my polyester Easter dress handmade for me by my beloved Aunt Char in 1976}.
I came across a time waster today, but a fun one! True Value Paint has a little quiz to pinpoint exactly what color you are.
One of my goals this year is to get over my fear of color. I tend to work in an earthy and dark palette. I love mixing coppers and steel grays. I have oodles of cranberry pearls and bronzite in every shape imaginable.
It is not that I can't design in color. I do. My clients demand it. The seasons dictate it. But when left to my own devices I tend to reach for the Burnt Sienna and Crimson and Midnight Blue instead of the Spring Green and Magenta and Dandelion.
So this year I have decided that I need to check my color baggage at the door and let the whole Crayola® box come spilling forth.
I actually have a lot of bright colored art beads in my stash. I buy them, then they sit there because I am perplexed as to where to take them. But I should just let them lead me and I will follow.
Colors evoke moods {like how sexy I used to feel in my candy apple red Fiero circa 1987} and feelings {like the emerald green envy I feel when I visit my sister's perfectly ordered and spotless home - of course, she doesn't have a full time job and a 9p-midnight passion} and states of mind {as in the tornado of gray that swirls around my head when I can't find something that I need RIGHT NOW!}. Colors transport you to a place {like the color of the Pacific at sunset on a cliff in San Francisco} and recall memories {like the vibrant red-white-blue plaid of my polyester Easter dress handmade for me by my beloved Aunt Char in 1976}.
I came across a time waster today, but a fun one! True Value Paint has a little quiz to pinpoint exactly what color you are.
Here is what my answers decided:
Black is your color

Nothing can stand between you and your demand for a calm environment. To be free of conflict and disagreement is the only way to live. In fact, it’s this philosophy that probably allows you to be comfortable in conditions that would normally bother others. Your ability to focus is undisputed, and while you enjoy attention, you still have problems understanding how to handle it. No other color lives by the golden rule as much as you do.
So much for my attempt to live in color.
How could it know that black really is my favorite color? {And I have six pairs of pants, 12 tops, four dresses and more shoes than I can count in black. What? It goes with everything!}
What is your favorite color?
Take the test and come back and tell me if you think that it picked the right one for you.
Black is your color

Nothing can stand between you and your demand for a calm environment. To be free of conflict and disagreement is the only way to live. In fact, it’s this philosophy that probably allows you to be comfortable in conditions that would normally bother others. Your ability to focus is undisputed, and while you enjoy attention, you still have problems understanding how to handle it. No other color lives by the golden rule as much as you do.
So much for my attempt to live in color.
How could it know that black really is my favorite color? {And I have six pairs of pants, 12 tops, four dresses and more shoes than I can count in black. What? It goes with everything!}
What is your favorite color?
Take the test and come back and tell me if you think that it picked the right one for you.
Check It Out::Dewey Color System
Enjoy the day!






0 comments:
Post a Comment