"I sink like a stone that's been thrown in the ocean
My logic has drowned in a sea of emotion
Stop before you start
Be still my beating heart"
~Sting
My logic has drowned in a sea of emotion
Stop before you start
Be still my beating heart"
~Sting

Hearts are the theme this week!
Rings & Things sent me a package of goodies last month that included hearts. They looked just like little candies. So I used them in some simple designs on chain and they will be included inside boxes of Moonstruck truffle chocolates from my friend Rick at Sugar Cubed: Temptations to the Third Power {isn't that the greatest name for a chocolate shop? You math geeks out there will get the name}. Wouldn't you love to think you are getting a box of chocolates and then be surprised by an extra little goody to wear to remind you of you much you are loved?
This design, called "Aberdeen Ferns", is patterned after the colors found in a vintage William Morris wallpaper of the same name. I chose as my focal a beautiful ceramic connector in a lush green with a nice scroll detail from Melanie Brooks at Earthenwood Studios. Wood saucers and a patterned wood tube (both purchased from Fire Mountain Gems) are knotted on brown leather cord from Rings & Things. I used a really wonderful large green faceted labradorite rondelle and a vintage 1945 pice coin from India. Both are from Rings & Things that I purchased some time ago when they gifted me with a mini-shopping spree as part of the blog partner program. The coin has these wonderful floral vine detail on the back and a nice large hole in the middle. I buffed up the coin to let the details stand out and turnd that into the toggle clasp. I think it lends a bit of history to the piece. The clasp is finished with chain dangling some striped poppy jasper rounds and a love knot toggle bar, both from Vintaj (who did not provide me these pieces, I just like them!).
Surprisingly, I have a hard time with bracelets. I really don't know why. But I think that this one works and really evokes the colors and pattern found in the vintage Morris wallpaper.
And you might be interested in entering the Rings & Things Your Designs Rock contest. I think that I will be entering something in this contest. But hurry! The deadline to enter is February 28, 2010. You can find all the details here.
Tonight I will be working on my entry for the Bead Soup Bloggers Party. The big reveal is on February 10th and there are more than 80 participants. Special thanks to Lori Anderson for hosting this fun event.
Would you like to win this bracelet?
Leave a comment answering the following question: If you were to live in any period of time, what would it be and why?
Leave your name and email address so that I can contact you if you win. I will pick a random winner on Sunday, February 14th just to show my love.
And there is still time to enter the Inspired by... The Solar System challenge that will run through this month! So far we only have one person who entered. Read more about that here.
Check It Out::Your Designs Rock!
Enjoy the day!
The heart beads, green labradorite and the vintage India coin used in thispost, specifically referenced as from Rings & Things were provided as promotional gifts by









0 comments:
Post a Comment