:::Linda Colsh is a fiber artist in Belgium, whose work I could admire all day......she did an interview with me on modernmarks in October. I learned so much about her inspiriation and approach to her work, it was facinating. I only wish that she was in the U.S. and I could see her work in person and take one of her workshops. She does have a website which is a journey through time.....don't miss her images.
:::I just received an email from Linda and she mentioned Yves Leterme of Belgium, whose work she thought I would enjoy....and she was right. Youv'e got to see the gallery of his works of art and applied calligraphy. Incredible. His unique calligraphy combined with the lines and muted color makes his work intriging. To me it is quiet, yet powerful.
:::Jane Dunnewold, the creator of the concept of art cloth, blogged daily for a year on Daily Visuals. She posted daily from Nov. 10, 2008 to Nov. 29, 2009.......discipline! Jane stated,
"I believe it is valuable to spend time every day looking at the world around me. To this end, I committed to posting a daily photograph and a few thoughts when applicable - on color, design, spirit and making."Her images and words are inspiring and often humerous. I have taken several workshops from her and will continue in the future. She is a very special friend and the kind of person that you meet once in a lifetime. I hope that you enjoy her website and blog. I plan to do a blog interview with Jane in the future most likely about her work with archetypes.
:::Lorraine Glessner has an amazing blog in which she displays contemporary artist's work. I thank her for giving exposure to such unique artists for all of us to enjoy. I have found so many that I love on her blog. Lorainne is a mixed media artist, I am most familiar with her fiber and encaustic paintings. Her work is WOW! The subtle color and then sometimes punches of color with meandering lines.....every piece is a gem. I only wish that I could see them in person.
:::To me, Jeanne Williamson takes modern art to another level on fabric. Her geometric art sends me to the moon. I love her work. She has a fantastic calender of her art and a facinating book titled "The Uncommon Quilter-Small Art Quilts Created with Paper, Plastic, Fiber, and Surface Design". Jeanne is a prolific artist, see her blog for her work and process. If anyone is in Philly now, she is exhibiting in the Snyderman-Works Gallery until 3-26-10. We plan to do an interview in the future.
..........finally, just a note, the other evening at about 1:00-3:00 AM we had a herd of 9 deer in our back yard during a snow storm........always a pleasure to watch them....such beautiful, peaceful creatures on this planet.






0 comments:
Post a Comment