Saturday, January 24, 2009

, ,

Too good to Waste

I love finding other designers that see the artistic potential in mundane , everyday items.
These badges are made from the inside of envelopes. I have noticed the various patterns in the past and wondered why they were there , but milomade has actually collected them and put them to good use.I found these via Twinklyspangles blog. Thanks for mentioning Betty Jo Designs too Twinklyspangle.
There seems to be a huge number of Flickr groups dedicated to Recycled creations, but the newest one I've joined is called "A arte em reciclar" or the English version "The art on recycling"So far I have only come across one other jewellery designer using recycled linoleum in their work.That was a few years ago at Cambewell Market. But the World is big and I'm sure there are others.
Edit- Thanks to Renae, I have found another designer who uses the security patterns on envelopes. Ugly Kitty's pendants are very cool. There is always someone across the globe with a similar idea!

0 comments:

Post a Comment