I've made this pink buttony necklace and bracelet to sell with the proceeds going to the Breast Cancer Research Fund.
My love of buttons stemmed from the hours I spent fossicking in my late grandma's beautiful wooden button box. My lovely grandma succumbed to breast cancer almost 20 years ago, not wishing to have surgery or treatment, believing her time had come. It was hard on the family, but a brave thing to do.My Mum inherited the button box and has let me use some of the buttons in my designs.
My Mum has fought breast cancer too. She decided to have surgery, treatment and medication, and with her strength and positive outlook, she seems to have beaten it.
It was fun pulling down my jar of pink buttons and designing these pieces.Luckily a friend had just rescued some big pieces of pinky lino from going to land fill, and the musk-stick colour is very lovely. It was totally unintentional, but the the circular components of these pieces remind me of breasts.Mmm, am I looking too hard?!






0 comments:
Post a Comment