Sunday, September 21, 2008

, ,

This is ...

I have worked in many fields, and feel extremely happy where I am right now. Creating things has always been what I've wanted to do. Having my studio at home makes it easier to juggle work and life, but I sometimes think about the job paths I could have followed.......
The job of my dreams would be working in props for theatre, film or telly. I got a taste for it when I had a brief stint working on Baz Luhman's "Moulin Rough" at Fox in Sydney. Numerous hours were spent creating an elaborate beaded curtain for Satine's (our Nic's) boudoir. If you watch the movie you can see it for oh 5 seconds! Unfortunately the 10 hour days made it hard being a working parent.
There's no manual telling you how to juggle working and motherhood. It's a fine line between personal fulfillment, and going slightly bonkers. You think you've found the perfect balance, then things always conspire to make it a challenge. But life's interesting like that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment