Tuesday, June 10, 2008

, ,

Sparkly Lino!

Thanks a plenty goes out to "Curly Pops" for saving a big pile of old lino for me from the inside of her sisters kitchen cupboards! It arrived in a parcel yesterday and Wow, it's all sparkly. I had fun using it to make a few Betty Jo creature brooches.I always need funky lino for my work, so if ever you spy some just drop me a line. Everyone who finds me some lino gets a present and I'm happy to reimburse you for costs.

If you're in Brunswick on Friday evening, pop into Pussycat Black for the launch of the window installation by "Mucke". In this exhibition, Ellie Mücke explores the processes intrinsic to her labels roots in sustainable design. Observe the inner detail and intricate construction techniques of MüCKE garments, as the designer openly shows the de and re-construction of her recycled clothing practice. “Re-strüctured”is a close encounter with process based clothing design.
Show your support for a lovely local Melbourne designer who embraces recycling and ethical clothing manufacture. And it's in the famous Pussycat Black window, home of past "Betty Jo"
installations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment