Thursday, April 3, 2008

, ,

Rockin Robots

Toys, Toys, Toys......even before the offspring arrived I collected toys , but now I like to look at them in a new light. The 5yo is going through a robot adoring phase, he takes his big hard plastic robot toy to bed, even though it could start walking ,talking and flashing at any time. I've got a thing for the vintage robot toys from the 50's , and, with my inspiration juices flowing, I came up with this guy... "Gadget the Robot" lino brooch.
Then I thought, would other people like robot jewellery? Whats out there in Etsy land?
And look what I found.......a brilliant label called "LoveFromHettyandDave" with super cute brooches and dolls hand stitched in leather, like this pink robot.The designer even sent a customized brooch to Amy Winehouse.
The paparazzi snapped Amy wearing it to visit her beau Blake in jail.... you can't beat that for top exposure!
I want a personalized "Baz" brooch just like Amy. I won't be wearing it on jail visits though, maybe just up to the local shops for a bottle of sav blanc!

0 comments:

Post a Comment